Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Howdy Howdy Howdy

It's been a few months since I last posted. Life got in the way as it does sometimes. Been looking for a new job and working a few part-time ones in the interim. Also, had a few dates, read some books tried some good brews...mostly just tried to get by.

I've still been training, but mostly weights and gym stuff. I still ran when I wanted to, or as needed for wear tests, and I still biked as I wanted to, or needed to for wear tests, but mostly lots of strength building.

I honestly didn't realize how much running and the confidence that came with it was tied to my marriage. I really just started doing distance races as a way to entertain myself when my ex-wife had roller derby things. It took some serious reflection to realize part of what was making the long runs so hard was that they were drudging up subconscious memories. Well, I've started trying to address that and developing a race plan for next year. Unfortunately, my finances are going to limit race entries and travel, but that's just that much more motivation to make the ones I do count!

Until next time...all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment