Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Ego in the Backseat

I've done it!  I finally signed up for another race.  My second of the year.  This might be an accomplishment for some people, but considering I was doing 15-20 races a year for the 3 years before my life went pear-shaped it's really disappointing.

That being said, I'm really excited!  I've done this race before and failed miserably... just a 5-miler and I did 12-something miles. Granted, it's the last weekend in December and my asthma destroys the minimal running ability I do have during Winter.  Going from my normal pace to that was disappointing to say the least.

I had conflicting thoughts about signing up for this.  It's still going to be cold and hilly and maybe slightly snow covered like the last time and that could be setting my ego, and possibly my race outlook for next year, up for a huge let down.  Then I flipped it and applied my new positive attitude.  Yeah it's going to be cold and hilly and maybe slightly snow covered, but I have two months to train, I'm physically stronger than I was last time and what might be most important, I'm mentally stronger.  Ok, maybe not in relation to my running. I have doubts there that haven't surfaced in a long time.  But in general, I'm more positive about life and my abilities to overcome any challenge. 

So, Dec. 29th and that stupid hill at the beginning, and consequently, being an out and back, at the end as well, I'm coming for you. 

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how excited, proud and happy I am for you. Watching you transform over the past few months has been amazing.

    ReplyDelete