Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Not Your Normal Rest Day



I've been having a rough few weeks. Nothing particular happened. Maybe the dreary Winter days had an impact...or the temp job, that even though I like it, a full-time desk job is different, and weirdly tiring, compared to a run around do multiple things part-time job. Or maybe who knows what, but I've been...not myself, and especially not my new self.

So yesterday I woke up and was just exhausted and sad, but I had it in mind that it was time to get back on track.  Last night I took a rest night, but not the normal kind. This was a rest night from sadness and crappy moods! I hit the weights...hard...and it felt great! The weights hit back and pushed my crappy mood and listlessness  right out of my mind and muscles.  Exercise brings smiles. Exercising brings a sense of accomplishment...and obviously it's hard to be down when you're building yourself up.

I subbed a physical rest day for a mental rest day and I think it's going to help me make it through THIS day and the next day and the next day...

No comments:

Post a Comment