Sunday, January 12, 2014

Windex and Goals

So I've had this weird kind of acceptance/happiness/clarity the last few days.  Life and bigger picture questions, that I could barely even comprehend a few months ago, are coming into focus.  Now granted, this might be a premature happy, happy joy,joy blog, as I've not really formed any answers yet, but it still feels hopeful...and encouraging.

Also, I think I'm going to get a chance to work on one of my goals for the year, patience.  More than losing weight (I've been skinny) or more than getting better at running (I used to be ok...or at least contented with my performances) and even more than finding a job I like (I've had 1 or 2 that in hindsight, I've enjoyed and should have stuck at), I want to gain patience.  Never been good at waiting and/or hoping and/or waiting for things to come to fruition.  I'm a pragmatist and I believe in the various strengths I possess which makes me easily frustrated.  I believe there is an answer to everything and with either my mind or muscle it should be rather easily apparent.

As I'm getting older...or maybe more faithful, I'm trying to learn not to push.  Put in the time, effort, prayers and dedication and things will work out...more often than not in a pleasant, possibly unexpected manner.

So despite my hatred of that stupid meme that's been floating around the last few years, I'm going to do my best to Be Patient and Keep Calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment